Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Couple or Trouble@9:21 PM


I've recently completed watching Couple or Trouble. Just a personal bias, but I LOVE anything that the Hong Sisters write, it's usually light and fluffy and just fun. In this drama one major thing was a defining factor in my enjoyment of this drama. This was the chemistry between the lead couple. Their relationship was funny, and cute and it didn't look like it was overacted it gave an overall smooth type of feeling. 



Han Ye Seul who was acting as Anna/SangShil's acting also made or broke this drama for me. Her acting was so adorable and she fit into her role perfectly, especially all her different expressions over the course of the drama. In the drama she WAS the character she was portraying, it didn't seem like she had an identity crisis in the drama which is a lot more than what I can say for the other female counterpart, the side girl character. Park Han Byul played as YooKyung in the drama she had major identity crisis. I swear for the first part of the drama she was like, Oh, I'm going to stay as far away as ChulSoo as possible, and then all of a sudden she loves him. Then she turns into this mean bitch who tries to steal him away with as many tactics as possible. Sure, every drama needs one of those mean bitches, but can we have a more well thought out bitch? Not just one who turns into one randomly in the drama? She was just one of those WEAK characters. 

For the majority of the drama, Kim Sung Min playing as Billy confused me to no extent. Sure, he was amusing, but he didn't really have much of a role. It was like a random crack-y side plotline until towards the end. Sure, it was amusing that him and GongSilJong just ran around like idiots, but they had so many screens to the point where the jumping back and forth was almost distracting. 

I really enjoyed the three little kids as well, YoonSuk, JoonSuk and GeunSuk. Especially GeunSuk, whom upon further research is actually older than the kid who played YoonSuk. I especially enjoyed the episode where SangShil taught GeunSuk how to count with the chocolate balls. It was adorable. Towards the end when they were all crying really hard as Anna was leaving was so sad. Child actors are so amazing. I love them. 

Another person I really enjoyed was KangJa especially with her "DING" ing game. She played a significant part of the crack that is needed in Hong Sister dramas. But she was actually very funny and endearing, although she wasn't exactly a BEAUTIFUL character that you normally see in Korean dramas. 

Overall I enjoyed this drama very much, from the beginning to the end. It was so funny. Although the end got a little randomly melodramatic, for the most part I enjoyed the ending episode. It wrapped up everyone in a funny way. 

WARNING: SPOILERS AHEAD

KangJa and DukKu end up "together" in a place where it forever snows. Adorable. Especially with the little black men in the background. 

ChulSoo and Anna obviously end up together, the last scene was on a beach, with Princess and the dog (I can't remember how to spell the dog's name, it' s like... really long.) It was adorable.

And then Billy ends up falling in love with a woman that is a lot like Anna

DukKu's Mom and GongShilJang end up together. 

YooKyung ends up even more bitchier, and ends up obsessed with money, and attracting ugly men. 

All in all, the ending was very full. I enjoyed it. 

As for enjoyment/quality rating...

I'd say 

7/7 

Although the plot-line was not an original Hong Sister storyline, it was still well done and fun to watch. I probably could have enjoyed this drama more if I had gotten more into it, instead of watching Kamen Rider W at the same time. (Oh, Kamen Rider. xD)

PS: Now I'm starting to watch My Girlfriend is a Gumiho. Another Hong Sister drama, love my bias. I love it. Hopefully it'll be really enjoyable. I don't know if the cast is all that talented yet... but it seems okay for now. I really wanted the main character to be cast by someone else other than Lee Seung Ki. The girl seems okay for now, but I haven't watched anything by her. We'll see. 

PPS: I'm also contemplating if I should watch Assorted Gems, Playful Kiss, A Good Day for the Wind to Blow or Kimi wa Petto first after I finish My Girlfriend is a Gumiho. Leave your vote/opinion? 

   Rei ☆

Labels:


Music